Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Did I Mention We Don't Have Air-Conditioning in La Casa?

Because we don't! I didn't notice it the first few days, but it's like once I found out I just started burning up! I mean, it is HOT here! But I guess I'd rather that than the chilly Abilene weather right now. By the way, I'm not doing the best at taking pictures here, but if you're interested in seeing some, you can look at some of the other girl's Facebook pages if they're not private. They are really great photographers. Their names are Catie Baird and Leigh Foith. Both of them have really fancy cameras and beautiful pictures. They might have links to their photography blogs too. I will put up pictures soon though, I promise!

We started classes yesterday. It was very relaxed, but let me just say, I am going to do more reading this semester than I ever have. For those of you who are wondering, my schedule will be
Mondays: Spanish Lab (11:30-12:30), Latin American Studies (2-3:30)
Tuesdays: Spanish Lab (11:30-12:30), Spanish Class (2-4)
Wednesdays: Spanish Class (10:30-12:30), Latin American Studies Activities (2-5)
Thursdays: Spanish Lab (11:30-12:30), Spanish Class (2-4)
Fridays: Latin American Studies (9-10:30), Spanish Class (10:30-12:30).
Plus, I'm taking an Major British Writers online and a class called Christianity in Culture online. It's going to be a big work load, but I know I can manage as I develop more of a schedule here.

Also, On Sunday at 9pm, Monday at 9am, and Thursday at 9am we have Chapel/House Meetings. I don't know if anyone cares to know that much detail, hah, but there it is.
Between all of that, we've just been enjoying bonding and getting to know one another. A group of us went on a run around La Rambla yesterday which is the path along the beach, and it was awesome. It's going to be so easy be motivated here!

All in all, I'm pretty stressed, think I'm adjusting well, and sleeeeepy! But I'm enjoying the ride. After just finishing my classes for the day, we're going to start on all of our reading while we wait for the other girls to get done with their class. Then it's off to the beach and leftovers for supper.

I love and miss you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment